Welcome to Sho Tanimoto’s website.
I am an associate professor at Kumamoto University in Japan. Before that, I have been a postdoc at Rice University and the University of Copenhagen. I received my Ph.D. from Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University in 2012.
My interests lie in the fields of algebraic and arithmetic geometry, in particular diophantine geometry. I am also interested in the minimal model program, moduli spaces, automorphic forms, spectral theory on adelic groups, and their applications to algebraic geometry and diophantine geometry.
Email: stanimoto (what you know) kumamoto-u.ac.jp
Here is my CV.
Partially supported by JSPS, KAKENHI Early-Career Scientists Grant number 19K14512
Partially supported by Inamori Foundation
Partially supported by MEXT Japan, Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers (LEADER).
- Nagoya Mathematical Journal: Associate Editor 2021-2023
- Kumamoto Journal of Mathematics: Editor 2020-2021
- Algebraic Geometry/Number Theory seminar with Takeshi Abe,
Kumamoto University, 2018-2021
- MMP seminar with Takeshi Abe,
Kumamoto University, the academic year 2020
- Stacks seminar with Takeshi Abe,
Kumamoto University, the academic year 2019
- Berkovich seminar with Lars Halvard Halle and Fabien Pazuki
University of Copenhagen, the academic year 2016-2017,
- K3 seminar with Fabien Pazuki
University of Copenhagen, the academic year 2015-2016,
- Geometry via Arithmetic
BIRS, July 11th-16th 2021
- SQuaRE workshop Geometric Manin’s conjecture in characteristic p II
AIM, June 21st-25th 2021
- Rational points on Higher Dimensional Varieties
RIMS, Kyoto, December 2nd-6th 2019,
- SQuaRE workshop Geometric Manin’s conjecture in characteristic p
AIM, June 10th-14th 2019
- Higher Dimensional Arithmetic Geometry
Kumamoto University Japan February 18th-21st 2019
- Birational Geometry and Arithmetic
ICERM, Brown University, May 14th-18th 2018
- N-Cube Days VI
University of Copenhagen, June 2nd-3rd 2017
- N-Cube Days IV
University of Copenhagen, June 3rd-4th 2016