Welcome to Sho Tanimoto’s website.
I am an associate professor at Kumamoto University in Japan. Before that, I have been a postdoc at Rice University and the University of Copenhagen. I received my Ph.D. from Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University in 2012.
My interests lie in the fields of algebraic and arithmetic geometry, in particular diophantine geometry. I am also interested in the minimal model program, moduli spaces, automorphic forms, spectral theory on adelic groups, and their applications to algebraic geometry and diophantine geometry.
Partially supported by JSPS, KAKENHI Early-Career Scientists Grant numbers 19K14512
Partially supported by Inamori Foundation
Partially supported by MEXT Japan, Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers (LEADER).
- Algebraic Geometry/Number Theory seminar with Takeshi Abe,
Kumamoto University, 2018-Present
- MMP seminar with Takeshi Abe,
Kumamoto University, the academic year 2020
- Stacks seminar with Takeshi Abe,
Kumamoto University, the academic year 2019
- Berkovich seminar with Lars Halvard Halle and Fabien Pazuki
University of Copenhagen, the academic year 2016-2017,
- K3 seminar with Fabien Pazuki
University of Copenhagen, the academic year 2015-2016,
- Geometry via Arithmetic
BIRS, July 11th-16th 2021
- SQuaRE workshop Geometric Manin’s conjecture in characteristic p II
AIM, June 21st-25th 2021
- Rational points on Higher Dimensional Varieties
RIMS, Kyoto, December 2nd-6th 2019,
- SQuaRE workshop Geometric Manin’s conjecture in characteristic p
AIM, June 10th-14th 2019
- Higher Dimensional Arithmetic Geometry
Kumamoto University Japan February 18th-21st 2019
- Birational Geometry and Arithmetic
ICERM, Brown University, May 14th-18th 2018
- N-Cube Days VI
University of Copenhagen, June 2nd-3rd 2017
- N-Cube Days IV
University of Copenhagen, June 3rd-4th 2016